2020-2021 Try-Out Information
Due to the Covid-19 delays, all athletics will NOT be holding tryouts at the beginning of the 2020-2021 season.
Students currently enrolled in the Golf course will be able to tryout for the team once in-person play begins.
-9/10 @ Blackhawk starting @ 3:00 PM
-9/14 @ Teravista starting @3:00 PM
-9/11 @ Blackhawk starting @ 3:00 PM
-9/14 @ Teravista starting @ 3:00 PM
Anyone interested in participating for the Round Rock High School golf team will be required to have a physical and UIL/RRISD paperwork completed before participating.
- Try-outs location: Teravista Golf Club
- Try-outs will be held over a 2-day period
- Everyone will play 9-holes of stroke play per day (18 total)
- Proper golf attire is required (collared shirt, no jeans, "athletic shorts" or cargo pants, etc...)
- No caddies allowed
- Players must carry their own bag, a push-cart is acceptable
- We will be following the USGA rules (make sure that you familiarize yourself with the rules before tryouts)
- Practice, Practice, Practice...as much as possible
- Take lessons from a certified PGA teaching pro (any local area golf course)
- Learn golf etiquette and the rules of the game
- Play in as many summer tournaments as possible. (click LINKS for summer programs)
- Seniors (boys shoot 80 or better; girls 93 or better)
- Juniors (boys shoot 85 or better; girls 98 or better)
- Sophomores (boys shoot 90 or better; girls 105 or better)
- Freshmen (boys shoot 100 or better; girls 115 or better)
*** These are NOT requirements, rather generic guidelines to be a part of the Rock Golf team. Players shooting above expectations will be evaluated on several factors, primarily the control of the golf swing, which will include driving, iron play, chipping, pitching and putting. Individuals scoring below the expectations are NOT guaranteed a roster spot. Each year, we can accept only so many participants in our program and the goal is to keep the top players in each grade. ***